I do not consider myself a photographer per se, but rather someone that just really enjoys the art of “capturing the moment.” I also enjoy writing short stories and script ideas. I am very happily married, have an awesome 8-year-old daughter, and was guardian to my sisters. I love my dogs (and all dogs really) and vegan food! I encourage you to BE NICE to everyone. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am currently the Director of Marketing for a nonprofit that helps Georgia’s children. I was the Marketing Director at a dynamic theatre, Actor’s Express from 2016-2018. Before that, I was the Director of Public Relations for the University of North Florida’s School of Music from 2007-2016. Prior to my appointment at UNF I was Creative Manager for a cell phone carrier whose duties included creating static and animated content (utilizing 3rd party celebrity, college sports, and artist materials) and managing a team that created and prepared content for distribution by major cell phone companies.
In addition, I served as Assistant to the Senior Vice President of Marketing for a major website firm, specializing in advertising materials for Web Acquisition Services, which included working with major clients to ensure a successful design solution. I specialize in a wide variety of design services and have won several awards including Employee of the Year Honoree.
I graduated with honors from the University of North Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications focusing on Advertising and Photography (as well as additional studies in Journalism) and continued my studies through UNF’s Post Baccalaureate Program in English/Literature. In 2008 I was awarded a UNF Grad Program Scholarship for “Excellent Scholarship” and received the same award in 2009. I earned a Master of Arts Degree in English (as a member of Sigma Tau Delta – International English Honor Society) in 2010.
In March 2014 I was accepted into NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development for a summer Studio Arts program. In 2015 I was accepted into, and attended, Yale University’s Writer’s Conference where I did workshops with American novelist, screenwriter, professor, playwright, and essayist Trey Ellis.
I have been published/highlighted by: Arbus Magazine, Folio Weekly, EU Magazine, Jacksonville.com, PHOTOJAX (2014), Rookie Magazine (tumblr), Perversion Magazine, Homoground (for my music videos for Four Families), The GA Voice, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Crazy Dave’s Music Experience, Collective Con, DownBeat Magazine, Catapult Books, the UNF Journal Magazine, Jacksonville Business Journal, and other.
* In 2021 I became a member of the International Cinematographers Guild, Local 600 – Unit Publicist
* In 2019 I started a new position as the Director of Marketing for a Georgia nonprofit.
* In 2018 I graduated from the Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta (ALMA) by Atlanta Regional Commission Program.
* In 2016 I founded a successful podcast that interviews cast and crew.
* In March 2015 I was accepted into the Yale 2015 Yale Writers’ Workshop. I earned my certification in June 2015.
* In March 2014 I was accepted into NYU’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development for a summer Studio Arts program.
(I didn’t attend due to cost.)
* I was also appointed as the official photographer for the Tallahassee Film Festival and Girls Rock Jacksonville. (Through 2016.)
Favorite Placed Traveled (So Far!)
* Paris, FRANCE
* London, ENGLAND
* Prague and Teplice, CZECH REPUBLIC
* Dresden, GERMANY
* Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA
* New York, NEW YORK
* Oahu and the Big Island, HAWAII
* Hancock, VERMONT
* San Francisco, CALIFORNIA